- U.S. Bans Imports from Malaysian Palm Oil Company FGV
From Reuters: “The United States has banned imports of palm oil from Malaysian company FGV Holdings following an investigation into allegations it uses forced labour.”
- 187 UN Member States Ratify Convention 182 on the Worst Forms of Child Labor
“Now is the time to deliver on the promise of Convention No. 182 and put an end to child labour in all its forms,” stated ILO Director-General, Guy Ryder.
- Seafood Working Group Relaunches with New Advisory Body
In early August, the Seafood Working Group (SWG) relaunched its research and advocacy coalition with 23 official members and a new Advisory Body.
- Union Busting and Unfair Dismissals: Garment Workers During COVID-19
New report from Business & Human Rights Resource Center finds garment factories supplying major fashion brands are using COVID-19 as a cover to crackdown on trade unions.
- Brazil Court Rules in Favor of Anti-Slavery “Dirty List”The Thomson Reuters Foundation reports Brazil’s Supreme Court has ruled that the country’s so-called “dirty list,” one of the nation’s most powerful weapons against slave labor, is legal and can proceed.
Photo credit: Lano Lan/shutterstock.com.