Information and Resources for Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic in Supply Chains.
Over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, Verité will be offering guidance to companies to help support their efforts to safeguard workers’ rights in their supply chains. This series of memos will highlight the increased vulnerabilities to workers in specific sectors and regions, complemented by recommendations and resources for companies.
The logistical challenges posed to companies by COVID-19 are minor compared to the increased pressures on workers to earn a living in a dignified, safe way, and we are committed to helping all parties in global supply chains find practical solutions.
Please send questions and topics for future articles related to COVID-19 in supply chains to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crying Out for Justice: Wage Theft Against Migrant Workers During COVID-19
Please join this important briefing on April 7th at 8am (New York) or 8pm (Singapore). Register at: https://lnkd.in/evDzKxt
- Companies Called to Support Waste Pickers, A Global Essential Workforce at Risk
- Case Study: African Migrants in the Strawberry Fields and Greenhouses of Spain during the Pandemic
- COVID-19 in the Coffee Sector: Challenges for Workers and Farmers
- Case Study: How Verité China Responded to the Changing Needs of Suppliers due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Challenges and Recommendations for Workplaces Open During the Pandemic
- COVID-19 and Child Labor: Challenges and Recommendations
- COVID-19 and Vulnerability to Human Trafficking for Forced Labor
- Guiding Principles for Responsible Businesses During the COVID-19 Pandemic
A great deal of guidance for companies has been published by corporate social responsibility and human rights organizations over the past weeks. We’ve compiled a list of links businesses and governments will find useful.
Scroll below for excerpts from individual memos and resources.
To meet the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, Verité is adapting the way we work to continue to pursue our mission of fair, safe, and...
Photo credit: sky-lord/shutterstock.com