Recommendations and Resources for Governments
- A New Social Contract can rebuild our workplaces and economies after COVID-19 by Sharan Burrow, General Secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation.
- From Business & Human Rights Resource Centre: Clean Clothes Campaign outlines demands on brands & govts. to mitigate effects of COVID-19 on workers in global garment supply chains
- From HRW: COVID-19: A Human Rights Checklist
- From United Nations Sustainable Development Group: Shared Responsibility, Global Solidarity: Responding to the Socio-economic Impacts of COVID-19
- From OECD Watch: OECD Watch calls on OECD member and adherent states to ensure businesses act responsibly during the global COVID-19 crisis
- From Focus on Labour Exploitation: “No worker left behind: protecting vulnerable workers from exploitation during and after the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic”
- A fast, simple way to get support to workers without paid leave:
- From International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC): COVID-19 Urgent Economic Stimulus and Workplace Measures Required
- From the Center for Global Development: Tips on how developing countries with large informal economies can help stop the spread of COVID 19
- From ITUC: COVID-19 should be classified as an occupational disease
- From Human Rights Watch: Qatar: Protect Migrant Workers During Pandemic
- From the ILO: Protecting migrant workers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- From United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime: Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Trafficking in Persons: Preliminary FIndings and Messaging Bassed on Rapid Stocktaking
- From United Nations Women: Addressing the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on women migrant workers
- From Business & Human Rights Resource Centre: EU response to COVID-19 must focus on realising socio-economic rights and prioritise companies that respect human rights
- From National Immigration Law Center:
- To Ensure Collective Health and Safety, Federal Packages for COVID-19 Relief Must Include Immigrant Communities
- From Business & Human Rights Resource Centre: AICHR: ASEAN and its Member States must integrate human rights values in Covid-19 response
- From United Nations Sustainable Development Group: Shared Responsibility, Global Solidarity: Responding to the Socio-Economic Impacts Of COVID-19
- From Human Rights Watch: COVID-19: a Human Rights Checklist
- From the ILO: COVID-19 and the world of work
Verité is curating this list of resources and articles to help guide companies and others as they work to develop policies and processes for managing the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. While we believe this content has value, we may not wholly agree with all the information shared.
Please submit resources and articles for consideration in our lists to email@example.com.