For Brands, Investors, Governments, and Policy Makers
We leverage our grassroots access to provide a unique bottom-up, independent view of labor conditions around the globe.
Verité examines the systems that cause vulnerability for workers and risk for corporations and investors, identifying solutions to resolve those vulnerabilities. We gather information not generally available, utilizing our overseas networks of labor researchers to explore local sources and to conduct interviews with representatives of government, business, labor unions, and NGOs. We compare findings from primary and secondary research with our own experiences of labor auditing. The result is a thorough and locally-oriented assessment of risk.
Verité pioneered the first quantification of the fees paid by foreign migrant workers – which is the cause of vulnerability for millions of workers around the world. Since then, we have built upon this research to develop the Help Wanted fair hiring toolkit, which helps suppliers and brands identify and eliminate labor abuses for migrant workers.
For more information on these or any of our other services, email us or call +413-253-9227.
- About Us
- Get Involved
For ESG Investors
- We analyze risk of investor exposure to workplace rights violations.
- We provide investors with the right indicators to enable them to evaluate companies in their portfolios.
- Portfolio “verification” is conducted by a due diligence evaluation of a representative sample of invested companies.
- Our Index of Labor Rights Risk in Emerging Markets provides an annual assessment of numerous emerging market countries as benchmarked against the International Labor Organization's (ILO) core conventions, utilizing an array of indicators of labor standards compliance - the first such framework of its kind to be used for investment purposes.
- We help investors ensure asset managers’ capabilities to screen for human rights implications.
- We evaluate individual companies for the presence or absence of risk management systems and structures to undertake shareholder advocacy.
- Quarterly updates allow investors to keep up with the rapidly changing ways companies and stakeholders employ risk management.
- Risks of sub-standard labor practices by country, region, or industry
- Corporate compliance programs, Codes of Conduct, and vendor standards
- Country labor law
- Global trends in labor practices