Verité released a report about the risk of trafficking in persons in federal and corporate supply chains. Providing a comprehensive framework for evaluating trafficking risk, this report identifies 11 key sectors at heightened risk for human trafficking and maps federal spending in each key at-risk sector. Verité’s report will be an essential resource for government officials and federal contractors concerned about compliance with Executive Order 13627, as well as for any businesses concerned about human trafficking in their supply chains.
The Cost of a Job tells the story of modern-day slavery through the experience of a worker who was brave enough to talk to Verité about her situation. Hers is the voice of millions of job seekers who can’t leave their jobs because they are bound by debt, threatened or coerced in other ways. Together with companion microsites Help Wanted and Resources for Responsible Recruitment, Cost of a Job illuminates the problems facing the most vulnerable workers in global supply chains, and points the way towards solutions for companies, governments, NGOs, trade unions, investors, and other stakeholders.
This website is our newest effort to promote safe, fair and legal work—and to prevent human trafficking. Did you know that much of human trafficking is based on exploitative recruitment practices? RRR will build awareness of this—and show how companies can end unethical hiring in their supply chains.
Verité services help companies and other stakeholders fully understand labor issues, overcome obstacles, and build sustainable solutions into their supply chains, benefiting companies and workers alike.
For 15 years, Verité's mission has been to ensure that people around the world work under safe, fair, and legal conditions. You can help us continue this vitally important work by making a tax-deductible donation.
- Chandler, AZ, USA: May 11 - 15, 2015 (conducted in English)
- Shenzhen, China: May 18 - 22, 2015 (conducted in Mandarin) - COURSE NOW FULL
- Penang, Malaysia: June 22 - 26, 2015 (conducted in English) - COURSE NOW FULL
- Yokohama, Japan: July 13 - 17, 2015 (conducted in English)
- Shenzhen, China: July 27 - 31, 2015 (conducted in Mandarin) - COURSE NOW FULL
- Shenzhen, China: Fall 2015, TBD (conducted in Mandarin)
- Malaysia: Fall 2015, TBD (conducted in English)
- Seoul, Korea: October, 2015 (conducted in English)
- About Us
- Like Us
- Follow Us
- Get Involved